Global Hope Coalition New York City Gala
September 2018. New York City, 583 Park
The Global Hope Coalition hosted their third annual New York City Gala event at 583 Park on September 27, 2018 in conjunction with the United Nations General Assembly week. The event honored Heads of State and everyday heroes who have joined Global Hope in their mission to fight against violent extremism, preserve cultural heritage, and build bridges across cultures.
The event kicked off with a cocktail hour in the Arcade where guests could meet & network. The Kenyatta Beasley Jazz Trio provided lively music.
Guests then moved to dinner in the Ballroom where an emotional and inspirational video spotlighted Global Hope’s mission. Special Recognition Awards were presented to H.E. Mahamadou Issouou, President of Niger, H.E. Beji Caid Essebsi, President of Tunisia, H.E. Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh, and H.E. Alexis Tsipras, Prime Minister of Greece for their efforts to promote peace and fight against extremism and intolerance in their nations.
The real stars of the evening were the everyday heroes:
· Bochra Belhaj Hmida - A member of the Tunisian parliament, she chairs the independent Committee on Individual Freedoms and Equality.
· Sherin Khankan - the first female imam in Europe who has led the foundation of a women-led mosque in Copenhagen called Mariam Mosque.
· Delphine Horvilleur - France’s best-known woman rabbi, is a leading voice in the fight against hate, anti-Semitism and racism in Europe.
· Omar Elbasheer - thinker, author, publisher and essayist who has emerged as a leading Arab voice against extremism and terror.
· Mamadou Gassama - famous as the “Paris Spiderman”. He was given the medal of the City of Paris, the highest distinction of the French capital, and was received at Elysee Palace by President Emmanuel Macron.
Empire is honored to produce this moving event in connection with the Global Hope Coalition and Global Hope Europe.